Its organizational structure and functions are described below:
1. Administration Section
2. Clinical Tests and Epidemiology Section for humans
3. Analysis and Quality Control Section that integrates the Bureau of Chemical Bromatology and the Bureau of Microbiology. They are responsible for verifying that all food and water (personal consumption, swimming pools, recreation …) comply with European guidelines The analytical techniques used are accredited by the National Accreditation Entity (ENAC) with the official recognition in the European Union. (https://www.enac.es/)
4. Public Hygiene Section in charge of the control of zoonoses and animal adoption.
The City Council of Seville belongs to the Network of Educating Cities since 1990 and to the International Association of Educating Cities. It develops school absenteeism plans.
In this way the City Council develops educational activities under the motto of SEVILLA, EDUCATING CITY every course.
We have been asked to collaborate in educational activities such as visits to schools and the implementation of practices performed by students of vocational training cycles and participating in the Science Fair. Also we have a permanent science classroom with our own logo EDULAB (EDUCATION in the LABORATORY) where students enjoy scientific activities the following activities:
1. EDULAB – SEVILLE LOCAL LABORATORY (LMS). MORE THAN 100 YEARS IN THE SERVICE OF PUBLIC HEALTH
2. EDULAB – A DAY IN THE LABORATORY about the daily work in an official control laboratory of food and water.
3. EDULAB SEEING THE INVISIBLE about the microscopic world.
4. EDULAB – CHEMISTRY IS FUN!
These activities, given by LMS staff, last 4 hours and are free because of the open and inclusive spirit of this City Council to a non formal education.